The Dental Divide and the Health Chasm It Creates for Too Many Children
What is the Dental Divide?
For low-income families with limited or no dental coverage, the dental divide contributes to higher instances of disease and other serious health problems. Children are particularly at risk, because they are most likely to suffer the long-term consequences of poor oral health.
Discover a new report from Benevis which discusses the deep-rooted forces behind the dental divide and its dire repercussions, especially for children in our nation's most vulnerable communities.
Read the report to learn more about
- The impact of oral health on overall health
- The importance of building good oral health at a young age
- The dental divide between medical and oral health
- Medicaid's role in children's access to dental care
- Actions to close the dental divide